How you can help us help those in need
GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organisation. You can help us help those in need by volunteering some of your time. See below for information on what we require, including duties and responsibilities. If you think you would like to help, download a copy of the Guidelines and Application Form (scroll down the page) and bring it to the foodbank during opening hours (10 to 11.30am, Tuesday and Friday.
Volunteers role description and person specification
Knighton & Presteigne Foodbank provides emergency food parcels for people experiencing a crisis situation. All volunteers report to the manager, Helen Anderson.
- To offer support and a listening ear to all who use the Knighton & Presteigne Foodbank.
- To act in a non-judgmental, welcoming manner to clients, maintaining their dignity and independence.
- To establish, maintain and develop relationships with volunteers and users within the foodbank
- To work with individuals to help maintain their levels of independence and dignity
- To be involved with the implementation of services provided within the foodbank
- To adhere to policies relating to health and safety, food hygiene and safeguarding adults and children
- To assist with basic activities, not requiring any form of qualifications or training, i.e. collating items for individual food parcels, stock control, keeping area clean, making tea / coffee for users
- To participate in training, support and supervision sessions as appropriate to the role of foodbank helper.
- Good communication skills essential
- Sense of humour
- Understanding of and empathy with the needs of people in crisis
- Patience and sensitivity.
Hours of work
Minimum of 1.5 hours per month, as agreed with foodbank Manager. Volunteers should notify the Manager at the earliest opportunity in the event of not being able to attend, e.g. sickness.
To apply as a volunteer please download the form below (Please wait for our updates to inform you when it is safe to apply):
(Four page PDF file – to print out and return by hand to the foodbank. Click Here to open, or right-click and choose Save File As / Save Link As to download.)